Sunday, August 2, 2009

Physical Training

OK as part of my training as over the next two months I am going to have a hard time making my actual classes do to a new work schedule I am going to take this time to work on the physical condition of my body. Where I work we have a full health club and I am starting on the One Hundred Push-ups program and its 2 sister programs Two Hundred Sit-ups & Two Hundred Squats. I will be attending my BJJ classes on Thursday evenings and Friday mornings before work.

Last night was day one of the aforementioned programs. Now for details of the programs I suggest you check them out as here i will just be telling about the results of the final sets as they are based your max you can do after the first several sets. So for the final set you are trying to push yourself to your max after you have already worked the muscle groups hard.

My inital tests to get my baseline and see where in the program I start I did a few nights ago my base lines were:
Push-ups - 25
Sit-ups - 40
Squats - 63

So here are my results after the first night..

Push-ups- final set min required was 17. I was able to do 17. To be honest the last 3 or 4 I had to go down onto my knees.

Sit-ups - final set min required was 25. I over indexed and hit 76

Squats - final set min required was 27. I maxed out at 50. Since I have a bad knee I may have been able to do a few more but I did not want to take a chance on it going out on me.

So to date on the program here are the total numbers for each exercise

Push-ups total - 97
Sit-ups total - 197
Squat total - 194

Well that's where I stand on that so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment