Friday, August 14, 2009

BJJ Training

OK so last night was my first real night back in class in almost two weeks with my new work schedule. So here we go. We did both Gi and No-Gi. For Gi we re-worked some sweeps and such we had gone over in the past learned a couple of new open gaurd passes and also a defense to those passes.

No Gi we went over some chokes they learned earlier in the week which were new to me so I enjoyed learning them.

We also went over a lot of basics.. and drills.. Like the shrimping drill and mat movement drills as well as basic rolling and falling drills. My instructor is a firm believer in making sure you have the basics down.

We also did some rolling. As usual I was rolling with the top student in the class and did OK. against him I think my biggest win on a personal level was after we were all done I was not winded and still feeling ready to go again. Which we would have but since were at a new location our instructor was playing with the lights... Off they went and none of could figure out how to get them back on... And YES we tried flipping the switch in the other direction.

As for how I am feeling I am a bit sore as I got caught in a solid arm bar and tried to work my way out of it but proceeded to sink it deeper and was forced to tap... But over all I feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment