Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sambo & BJJ

Tonight in class was a lot of fun. The first hour was our Sambo session. We went over some neat things. My favorite was a transition from the north south position into a knee bar. and we covered some other legs locks from when you are stuck in half guard. Then we did some rolling Sambo style. Mainly it was just Bill and I rolling. Bill caught me in a submission to end it, but I did a nice take down when we were standing and started off good.. As I said he finally got me but I was glad to get a small victory.. good confidence boost.

Then we went into BJJ.We went over a few more take downs and some guard passes as well as how to defend them.. plus worked on how to defend side control with some neat spin thing.. really hard to describe.
The rolling was fun.. went with one of the other guys. he is a bit faster and lankier then me and we went to a time stoppage. Since no points were kept it was simply fun. Then I went with Bill again.. not once.. but twice.. the first time he caught me in a vicious ankle lock, which still hurts somewhat. The second time we had just a few seconds left before the time was up and he caught me in a position where I just could not breath.. not an actual submission but with how tangled up we were I had a mouth full of Gi and could not get air. Over all that session was good. I was able to work a few things and defended from many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment