Thursday, October 22, 2009

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Well I made class again tonight.. first time in awhile. Well Bill got his Blue belt, Congrats Bill, the day after the TN state championships at Royler's seminar on Sunday. And well I felt off today.

Class was fun.. we practiced some take downs and then a few different side mount escapes. I did well with all that until it came time to roll. Since I have missed so much class as of late everyone has been able to close the gap. Great on them it is just frustrating for me. I am still better in some area's but they are now able to capitalize on my weaknesses unlike before. I was tapped by the only guy in class larger then me who used to be a wrestler he caught me in an Americana, and then Bill our newly minted blue belt caught me in some awkward choke. Then I rolled with one of the other guys we changed position a couple of times mostly I held top positions either side control or mount. He took none of the bait I gave him and finally I had a shat to fall to the side for an arm bar and just as I did time expired.. then after I worked with Greg on a few things things discussed what I need to work on, and then we BS'ed about the MMA world.

No comments:

Post a Comment