Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Physical Training.

OK.. I know I have not posted in awhile and for that I am sorry.

Things have been a bit hectic. I have started a new lifting program and I just got my hands on a copy of Beach Body's new Insanity program. Which I will be starting shortly and will be talking about. Now for those that may not know. Beach Body is the same company that made the P90X program. I know many on it and it seems to work as they say.The one disadvantage to the P90x is that you need some extra equipment. Things like some dumbbells or resistance bands. and a pull up bar. Now from all I read the new Insanity program requires nothing but some space. It is similar in concept to P90X how it alters itself over time to prevent the plateau effect. It is filled with lots of cardio, stretching and plyometrics. I figure doing this along with my new lifting program should give me some, well... Insane results.

Now as for the lifting program I am doing. It is a 3 day program consisting of 4-5 lifts each day using either drop sets or rest-pause sets. now both are similar in how you do them, but on a drop set you decrease by roughly 20% weight. Now for each set I need to do a min of 8 reps or a max of 10. with a 20 second rest between each set for a total of 3 sets. Either going down in wait as stated for the drop sets or staying at the same weight for the rest-pause sets. And as stated I am doing 3 to 4 exercises a day 3 days a week. Now to keep things different I do, do different variations of the exercises

Day 1 - Monday
Incline or decline bench press, Drop sets
Military Press, Drop sets
Dips, Rest-pause
Bicep curls, drop sets

Day 2 - Wednesday
Standing Rows - Drop Sets
Lat pull downs - Drop Sets
Shrugs - Drop sets
Back Extensions - rest-pause

Day 3 - Friday
Squats - rest-pause
Leg curls - Drop sets
Leg Extensions - drop sets
Calf press/raise - rest pause
Crunches - rest-pause

For the moment on the off days I am doing cardio running for at least 25 minutes and a min of 1.5 miles.. still not much of a runner. Once I start the Insanity program that will be a daily so that will be my cardio.. I still plan on lifting as well.. though I may be forced to change my weights and such.


So now you are up to date on what I am doing. More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment